First Home Mortgage, Maryland’s #1 purchase lender, has a full-time remote position available for an experienced conventional, VA and FHA Mortgage Underwriter.
You must have the following experience/skills:
- 5+ years of experience underwriting conventional, VA and FHA loans
- Experience underwriting Maryland Mortgage Program and Non-Conforming loans a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and is flexible/adaptable when working with others
- Experienced in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Encompass software
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Underwrite mortgage loans to agency and investor guidelines for specific products and identifying any potential issues with loan review
- Assess the risk to the company and our investors to ensure salability of the loan after closing
- Review income calculations for self-employed borrowers, along with asset statements
- Work with Post Closing and Quality Assurance staff with any issues on loans after closing
For consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.