First Home Mortgage Corporate has a full time mid-level position available in the corporate office located in White Marsh, MD for a Desktop Support Technician. The Desktop Support Technician responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give users quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact staff via phone, email and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical help. 1-2 years of Desktop Support related experienced is preferred. EOE.
Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
• Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
• Track computer system issues through to resolution, within reasonable time limits.
• Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Network Engineer).
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
• Refer to internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
• Prepare accurate and timely reports.
For consideration, please apply below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.